Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

June 2013: France Tour Part III

Cherry tree in front of the yellow building




Chateau de la Cour Grand Cru in  Saint-Emilion: The second wine tasting. The cherry tree was filled with very red, pretty, and tasty cherries. This was my favorite lunch even though it was just picnic-style fare and light. In front of me was the vast field of grapevines, to the far left a cherry tree, and above me the sun, which came out after the rain that morning. A nice wind accompanied everything. I really love the weather after a rain shower.



Not sure where this was. The tour passed by this place. I thought the roses growing along the door would make a wonderful photo-op so I snapped it! :)



My first macaron ever, and in France no less. A nice couple on our tour bought a bunch of macarons and shared it. :)




At the train station to take a train to go further up north. It was a great break for our tour bus driver. :) Also, my second-ever macaron. I don't think I can eat macarons from anywhere else now... France, you've spoiled me!



Passing by another lovely town to get to our next destination: our hotel!

I'm so glad a fellow tour member told me to come over and smell these pretty roses. They smelled exactly like rosewater! So fragrant and sweet~

My mom and her friend's room.
My dad and my room.

Beautiful red roses.

Isn't this bunny cute? I admit, I was super tired and it took me a while to realize it was a bunny...


Look how green and lush everything is!!!

The hotel we stayed at before going off somewhere the next day. For the first time on this trip, we had GOOD baguette! Shamelessly, we asked for a ton during dinner and lunch. Surprisingly, good baguette is super hard to find in France. Baguette is usually so hard here! :(

Check back for Part IV!

Thanks for looking! See you on the other side of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment